Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I'm a follower of Jesus Christ, a orthodox monergist, pre-millenialist, and a Southern Baptist. Yes, I know I'm all jacked up!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Answered Prayer and Noah

I want to start this blog out by sharing an neat answered prayer that happened in my life that I want to encourage you with. I was driving to Dallas on Monday headed to school when I started praying. I simply asked God to renew to me the call that He has placed on my life to be where I am right now. I have the knowledge that there is nothing done that God does not will. I cite Isaiah 46 for that. Well when I got to class that day my professor did a little house-keeping in class and then he proceeded to tell us that he would be lecturing today about knowing the call of God on your life. The whole class session was a complete encouragement to me. When my professor said what he was going to be lecturing on that day, I was typing on my computer in class and I immediatly stopped and started to laugh at the majesty of my God. God has a way of answering prayers in ways and times that we just don't expect.
I read in Genesis today about the story of Noah. I found it to be an encouragement because it paints the picture of God electing to show mercy and grace on Noah and his family. I know that in my life, God has shown mercy and grace to me. I am just as depraved as the people in Noah's day, yet God has willfully chosen to bestow saving grace to me in the same fashion that He did to Noah and his family. That is just an amazing thought! What a gift I have that I am not always entirely thankful as I should be.
I will say more about this on another blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home